Monday, September 28, 2020

My nose is filled with sunsets and other aspects of the prose poem

 


I had a great visit this morning to Glenn Clifton's class this morning, which I think of as "2 Genres 2 Furious." We spoke about the prose poem and Glenn, the students and I had a good time writing a bunch of different kinds of prose poems. Prose poems are such an interesting form--they access the energy by being hybrid and so access the energy of other forms and the energy of mixing gengre, of being not quite one thing, and not quite the other. They are always in the process of defining what they are.

I made a PowerPoint of examples and writing activities which you can access here for all your indoor-outdoor prose poetry needs. 

P.S. Tonight, I'm launching a book of prose poems  (Me Then You Then Me Then) that I wrote with Toronto writer Kathryn Mockler. It's watchable here: https://knifeforkbook.com/kfb-readingsevents/
 



No comments:

Post a Comment